Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Pesky lucky draw salesmen! Cases of cheating people with lucky draws or coupons... BEWARE!

Just yesterday afterwork, i was again approach by another one of those pesky lucky draw salesman. This time their approach was different and my mood was different also:

Pesky Lucky Draw Salesman : Mr! Mr! Mr! * He came running to me *
Me: * ignoring him *

PLDS : Don't scold me first... i have here a coupon and i just need a minute from you.
Me: * I looked at him trying to figure out what is the world is processing in his pea brain to con me! * Yeah what do you want?

PLDS : You see, i represent a retail outlet from TIMES Square, and this coupon allows you to buy things with discount. All you have to do is open this coupon. If you see, "Thank you" then you filled up my particulars and i will leave. If you see, "You got discount" then you can keep this coupon and i will leave.

* Actually i can't remember if i need to fill up my particulars or his particulars but i don't care... *

Me : Oh like that ar... if that's the case, i take this home and see first lar... you can leave now!
PLDS : No.. no... you have to do it now...

Me : What chun toi (in cantonese it means "testicles) talk you are talking about i can't take home and read?! You give me this coupon mar... i take it home and read on my own time lar... you give it to me mar... besides, this is like scratch and win mar... why do it now? Trying to cheat others like in the newspaper ar?!

* I am still ignoring him and scrutinizing the coupon *

PLDS : Come on lar... Mr... I don't con you wan... you do it now...i can go back and claim my commission for distributing this...

Me : * I flipped at the back to see the instruction *

Dear readers,

The instruction are all blurred up and very small. I think you know what i am talking about here already!

Me : No thank you.

PLDS : Thank you sir.

Just be careful and not to talk to them. This place happened in the open parking opposite Taman Jaya LRT station and beside AMCORP Mall.


is sky the limit... are you trying to con me?

2 comments:

thumbelina said...

Hahaha :p:P:p:P It seems like strangers love to talk to you...wat's your secret ?

william wilstroth said...

thumbelina : my face looks friendly and people think i am easy to get con!

In actual fact, people are normally con by me!