Friday, February 24, 2006

Is your pay negotiable?

Caller : Hi, I am calling from XXX company. We have seen your resume and would like to have a discussion with you. Are you free now?
A friend in the mamak : * Happy syok * Ok i am. Please go on.


Caller : I am XXX. Your resume fits our description for filling up XXX position.
AFITM : Ok.


Caller : When are you able to start work?
AFITM : In December.


Caller : Why?
AFITM : Coz i have such and such and need to fulfil it first.


Caller : I see. Maybe i can talk to your company and do something about it.
AFITM : Sure.


Caller : May i know what is your expected salary?
AFITM : My expected salary is RM3XXX.XX. What are the benefits that i am entitled to?


Caller : Uhm... is your pay negotiable?
AFITM : Sure. How low you want that figure to go down? RM2000? RM1800? RM1000? RM600? RM50?!


Me : * add salt and vinegar * WTF? You think my skill is from pasar ar?! You want me then you have to pay me. I am offended and disgusted by your question. Yes, you can always find another better candidate. Please do so. Click.


* Of cos la, this is just joking. I just make this part up *


Caller : Sorry, i did not meant to offend you. o_O"
AFITM : Look i tell you what. You talk to your manager first or you can ask your manager to talk to me. See you.


Caller : ok, See you.



is sky the limit... don't play play with my pay.

No comments: