Monday, March 06, 2006

Ah Pek With His Flat Tyre

Today as I was returning home from work, we met a car. This car was unusual because it tilted to one side. Yet, it was still moving.

Florence : Look, this car has a flat tyre on its left rear side.
Me : Yeah.

* After a few minutes of silence *

Me : I was thinking should I go down and inform the Ah Pek. If I don’t do it I feel bad about it. If I do it then I risk being called a busy body or mind your business buddy. Well, I think I better just stay in here and wait for the light to go green.

Florence : * looked at me *
Me : Alright, I just stay put.

Florence : Yalar… maybe the Ah Pek knows about it but decided to drive it to the nearest petrol station or tyre shop leh.
Me : But I think its damaging for the tyre’s rim right? If it’s a motorbike then its ok but this is a car.

Florence : Never mind, just stay where you are.

* After passing the traffic light and the first petrol station *

Me : Hey, looked at this Ah Pek, he just passed by the petrol station and did not stop.

* In front of the tilted one side car, the car was moving like an imbalance bullock cart *

Me : Doesn’t he feel anything on the stirring. He should feel something right?
Florence : Yeah hor… wait lar, maybe in front there is tyre shop for cars leh? See there’s one in front.

Me : Ok.

* the car move passed the tyre shop and still moved on *

Me : I think he doesn’t know he has a flat tyre. Maybe I can drive next to it and you can tell the Ah Pek.
Florence : Ok

* Florence make some sign to Ah Pek *

Me : Ok ar?
Florence : No lar, his face like eat shit only. Black as though someone stepped on his tail.

Me : Maybe he knew someone punctured his tyre and now he is like a sour-pus.
Florence : Let him be lar.

Me : Ok.

* Suddenly the Ah Pek nearly hit a car *

Me : Ok, this Ah Pek got a lot of problem
Florence : I better draw a sign and let him know.

* Ah Pek was driving faster and sped off into the busy street of SS2 *

Me : No need lar Low Poh, Ah Pek is gone. I wonder what is wrong with that Ah Pek?
Florence : Hahahahahaha… he is really a joker…

Ladies and gentlemen, always check your tyres before you drive. Have it pump for air and make sure there is no foreign object sticking to your tyres. Also ensure that your spare tyre is well pump and well taken care. Otherwise, you will end up like that Ah Pek driving with a flat tyre. By the way, if you had not change a tyre before you might want to consider taking one day to do it. At least, you will know what to do in case of emergency.

Drive well.

Is sky the limit…no, drives well and love your tyres.


No comments: