Monday, March 06, 2006

Sam Poh Tong and Kek Loh Tong - Caves

I’m suppose to enter this entry into ISTL but I was diverted into something else most of the time. Now I could find sometime to make this particular entry. Remember my last entry on Chinese New Year? Yes, I did not only just went home to get fat but I did some exploration too. I went to visit Sam Poh Tung (Cave Sam Poh) and Kek Lok Si. These two caves can be found in the northern states of Malaysia. However, I did not visit the Perak Cave. Probably I will try to visit it in the next two months or so.

My first cave : Sam Poh Tung


There are turtles for you to feed. Take a look at Raphael’s cousin. Its cute, right?


This Michaelangelo eating.


Now, here is the Donatello. Cowabunga dude! Master Splinter won’t mind if I grab a few more bites.

Inside the cave, this are the high walls encircling the turtle pond the temple.


The second cave : Kek Lok Si

The entrance looked like an archaelogical site. Its windy once you enter the cave. Its windy than the first cave.


Crude Hasting and behind him are the three Buddha’s. Peace on Earth. Amitabha. Crude Hasting : * Pray * I wish to have more than one girlfriend. * Amitabha *


Some of the rocks formation found in the cave.


Another rock formation on the ground. Most of this rock formation are barricaded from visitors.


Here is another rock formation.


Here is another rock formation on the ground opposite above formation.


This rock formation suppose to have water on its tip. I guess I need a better camera or I need better lighting.


For you guys out there who love stalagmite and stalatit, you can visit both of this caves. It has all those rocks that you can find for your photo album. Admittance to both caves are free of charge. However, in the first cave, Sam Poh Tung, you might want to buy a few spinach or kang kung from the stalls nearby to feed the turtles. Trust me there are more than just four teenage mutant ninja turtles in that cave. Take your sweet time and feed them. They will love you.



is sky the limit... wonderful caves in Ipoh

No comments: