Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Who is She Getting Married To?

Sometimes it happened and you will be sort of hold on and spend a few seconds to process your respond. This is what happen during dinner with my wife.

Me : J is getting married next month. She invited both of us. Do you want to come with me?

Wife : Next month… hmmm… early of the month?

Me : Yeah…

Wife : Hmmm… busy week… I see first… ‘cos I still got a lot of assignment not done yet…

Me : Ok… no problem…

* During half way through my spicy Ayam Goreng Mcd *

Wife : So, who is she getting married to?

* At this moment, I am so compelled to make up a story to tell her. I wanted to laugh. The reason is because she hadn’t met J before. Even if I were to say J’s husband’s name she won’t be able to recognize him, right? So I can just say J is getting married to Mr. Chau Ah Beng. There goes my widest grin… *

Me : err… if I say his name will you know who he is?

Wife : * looked at me… with a don’t-challenge-me face *

Me : ok ok lar.. she is getting married to Tom Cruise… don’t hit me!!!

Wife : * whack * Eat your chee-ken!

Me : sob sob… ok ok…

Is sky the limit… so who are you getting married to?

No comments: