Tuesday, May 30, 2006

I don't know...

Do you know it is frustrated when people who ask you question and in return they told you that they do not know about your given answer. Here are some situations…

Situation 1: An uncle and his section 17.
Uncle: Excuse me, from here in Sri Damansara to section 17 how long does it take 15 minutes?
Me: Hmmm… if no traffic jam… yes. Where do you want to go?

Uncle: UTAR
Me: I see, you have to go out to the main road from here.

Uncle: I don’t know…
Me: * I don’t know how to react from his expression * Ok lar… bye!

Situation 2: Friend 1 asking for solution
Friend 1: Eh, Wil, how do you do this system?
Me: Ok, its like this, you do this, do this, connect this, do this then do that… ok?

Friend 1: I don’t know…
Me: * sigh *

Situation 3: Friend 2 asking where to this report
Friend 2: Eh, Wil, where do you get this report?
Me: The administration office.

Friend 2: Really?
Me: I just told you right? You ok ar?

Friend 2: I don’t know…
Me: * sigh – I feel like using a gun and shoot him *

I felt that the sentence “I don’t know” is misused in the above situation. Let me teach you how to use it:

Situation 1: Some one asking for direction
Ah Pek: Ekscuezz me ar brather… you know to go to Amcorp Mall ar?
Me: Sorry, I don’t know.

Situation 2: A friend asking for help
Friend 1: Hey Wil, do you know how to fix this problem?
Me: Sorry, I don’t know.

Situation 3: A friend asking if you know such and such
Friend 2: Hey Wil, do you know this material, I was wondering if you know where to get it? I saw you using it… I thought if you are holding it… then you should be able to tell me…
Me: Sorry, I don’t know… I don’t like you in the first place… don’t come near me!

Please use I don’t know when you are not sure, you really do not know about a question and you don’t want to divulge your information. Not to be used after when people give you an answer!

To answer a question with an answer given by a responder you can always use the following respond:

1. Sorry, can you repeat that… you are too fast in your answer
2. I couldn’t get what you were saying…
3. I don’t understand what you are saying…
4. Actually, your answer is different and I thought it should be…
5. Ok I understand the first part but regarding that place, how did you get there…
6. I am sorry my hearing got problem…can repeat it again but louder…
7. I am sorry I am deaf!

Is sky the limit… No, it is not. Spacemen is out there shagging!

No comments: