Friday, May 05, 2006

Meh G noodle, Kang Ka ruus, little Koi la Bear…

When I was a student in Sydney I had to be careful with my expenditure. Money sent from my dad was limited and sufficiently enough for one month. If I decided, one day, to spent more then my very last week of the month is Maggie (pronounced as Meh G in Sydney) noodle for lunch and dinner. At that time it was like I wish Kmart, WalMart and Target had Cintan noodles or something that can be found in Ipoh. Unfortunately, they did not have those beloved Malaysian dry food sold in their stores.

One of my worse habit I acquire for the first four months was I had to calculate and convert each time I need to buy something. Regardless if it is food or just stationery you would see me using my mobile phone (not handphone in Sydney) to calculate the conversion.

Me: Wah, that A4 paper cost AUD2.50… hmmm let me calculate first… * mobile phone whipped out *

Me: Wah, wan tan mee cost AUD4.50… hmmm let me calculate first… * mobile phone whipped out *

Me: Wah, movie ticket cost AUD8.00… hmmm let me calculate first… * mobile phone whipped out *

Me: Wah, haircut cost AUD12.00… hmmm let me calculate first… * mobile phone whipped out *

Me: Wah, masuk Taronga Zoo cost AUD12.00… hmm let me calculate first whether its worth watching kang ka roosss… * mobile phone whipped out *

One day, my uncle just cannot tahan…

Uncle: Wah beh tahan… you calculate calculate… please mate… you will be here for three years! Lu sudah masuk tiga bulan di sini masih mau kira ka?… If you do that each time when you want to buy something… like that no need to makan and hidup anymore… just be reasonable and don’t simply spend lar… why you need to convert… money not enough then come see uncle mar… haiya uncle give lar…here here… take take… go go.. enjoy movie.. enjoy makan… anything… Like that how you can find a Aussie girlfriend here ar? Beh tahan you! Don’t know how my sister teach his son and the father also satu macam… always scare the son… yak yak yak... blah blah blah… yak yak yak…

Me: hehehehe… * taking the money * thank you uncle… * really paiseh *

By the way, my uncle is a permanent resident in Australia and he had lived in Sydney for a very long time since I was 10 years old. Now that I am already 26 years old, you can imagine how long he has been there with the kang ka ruuuusss and koi la little bears….



Is sky the limit… cute koi la bears… and kang ka roooss...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

haha farny one..