Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Dr's Handwriting

Yesterday evening I did not know what got into me and I asked my wife about doctor’s handwriting.

Me: Do you find it hard to read doctor’s handwriting?
Florence: No and yes, sometimes its quite difficult, different doctors write differently, sometime so small you just can’t read it, but now they are required to write everything in capital letters to overcome that. Normally, surgeons with delicate fingers will write very small.

Me: I see, eh, can show me some doctor’s handwriting ar?
Florence: * scribble scribble *

Me: Wow man, what is that?
Florence: 5D1/2NS, it means 5% gula Melaka and 0.45% garam masak.

Me: Ya kah?!
Florence: Hahahahahaha… no lar it means 5% glucose and 0.45% saline or garam.

Me: I see. What does it do?
Florence: Water for dripping into patient.

After half an hours describing bloods and types of water,

Me: …
Florence: Understood ar?

Me: err… lets just stick H20 and blood is blood. Hehehehe… * I just couldn’t comprehend all those medical terms, functions and effects.

Is sky the limit
… tulisan cacing

No comments: