Thursday, May 25, 2006

Of dreams and PowerPoint...

Last two mornings, this was what i heard after i woke up:

Wife: Ah Sei, I dreamt I had finished my PowerPoint slides, saved and burned into a CD. Then, when I wanted to display it out from the CD…half of my slides’ images are gone… I was so frustrated and my classmates helped me till late afternoon to fix the CD…

Ah Sei: Wah, PowerPoint so jialat… eh, hold on… CD can be fix ar? How?

Wife: I don’t know… but they all fix it and I cried lar…

Ah Sei: Oh poor girl… so I decided to write an email to Microsoft or Mr. Gates.

Dear Mr Gates of Microsoft,


It is good to let you, Mr Gates, know that your good product Microsoft PowerPoint is wonderful and powerful too. People who are not oriented with the PowerPoint product manages to use it with minimal tutorial from the professionals. However, your very good product still lack one important thing that will surely make my wife more happier than ever.


Your product is giving my wife nightmares and it is a pain to see her complaining to me that she dreamt of your product giving her problem. As a result, she cried in her dreamt because of your Power Point is not Dream Safe. Dream Safe in a sense is a feature that I think of today and it can help you to improve your product in a better way and user will feel less stress and making their dream more beautiful. Dream Safe feature as I called it involves a button that will maintain all features including behaviors, objects, methods and classes of Power Point to be guaranteed in the event of transferring to another storage media. Therefore, users like my wife who has no information technology skills will dream better when they sleep.

Dream Safe feature is unique creation of mine. Dream Safe feature is my idea and I won’t mind receiving some royalty from Microsoft due to my contribution to improve your product.


Yours Sincerely,
William Wilstroth
ISTL 2006 EP 2 Management

Damn Microsoft PowerPoint for making my wife cried in her dream…



Is sky the limit… I dreamt of SAP… rox!

No comments: